TERMS & CONDITIONS
COVERING – mjb PRODUCTIONS, uLTRAFUNKULA, SECRET ISLAND FESTIVAL & SECRET ISLAND PARTY.
Ticket Sales & Event Terms & Condition
MJB Productions Ltd, Ultrafunkula, Secret Island Festival & Secret Island Party (referred to as MJB Productions Ltd, (UF, SIF & SIP from here on) conducts business with its Customers under the terms and conditions set forth
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- These Terms and conditions cover all of our events as we are the main ticket agents for these, where we appoint an agent on our behalf these conditions also cover their ticket sales.
- Artists and billed attractions may be subject to change without notification.
- No trading allowed within the venue without MJB Productions Ltd, (UF, SIF & SIP) prior consent.
- Goods using unauthorised event logos and unauthorised professional recording equipment will be confiscated.
- Do not buy tickets or goods from unlawful street traders/touts, they are invalid & entry will be refused.
- You give your express consent to your actual/ simulated likeness to be included for no fee within any audio or visual recording to be used in any media for any purpose at any time. This includes filming by the police or security staff which may be carried out for the security of customers and/or the prevention of crime.
- No unauthorised buses, coaches or trucks will be allowed on site.
- All tickets are non-refundable and any refunds will only be considered on major cancellation, substantial alteration or by special exception determined by MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP).
- If we have authorised a refund, this should be obtained from the point of purchase, no later than three months after the event.
- We are not obliged to issue a refund due to a change of billed artist or attraction.
- A maximum of the face value paid for the ticket will be refunded.
- Refunds will be exclusive of any booking fees paid per ticket and are subject to the T&Cs of the point of sale.
- No under 18’s are allowed on site.
- We operate a strict challenge 25 policy. This means that if you are lucky enough to look under the age of 25, you must carry identification to prove you are over 18 years of age on the day of the event.
- Our tickets have an age confirmation check box at the time of order, anyone who cannot prove they are over 18 when asked by a member of our team or security operation will be refused entry without refunds for any tickets purchased.
TICKETS AND WRISTBANDS
- Tickets are non-transferable and only valid when purchased from official agents of MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP).
- Tickets/wristbands purchased from unauthorised sources will be rendered invalid and refused admission.
- Tickets will be scanned on first entry and a wristband given to the holder. There will be no re-admission on that ticket once scanned.
- Tickets must be valid, presented in full & either printed or digitally displayed on a device for us to scan. They must not be damaged and able to be scanned by our team.
- Tickets remain the property of MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP).
- MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP). will not issue duplicate tickets for lost or stolen tickets, we recommend that you register for an account at the time of ordering where you can download a copy in the order history section.
- Tickets cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion, without the prior written consent of MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP).
- The ticket holder is responsible for their tickets until it is exchanged for a wristband and then responsible for their wristband for the duration of the event.
- All wristbands remain the property of MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP). until 12 Noon the day after the last day of the event.
- There is no readmission to our events, once you leave you will not be able to get back into the event.
- MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP). reserves the right to evict a customer without refund, and/or refuse admission. Anti-social behaviour may lead to eviction. Please act responsibly See the Eviction Policy on our website.
- You may be subject to a security search involving a body and/or bag search at the entrances, on-site at any point, or when leaving.
- Any item(s), reasonably considered for use as a weapon, which may cause danger, offence or disruption to any other person, will be confiscated.
- Any person carrying illegal items or carrying out illegal activity will be reported to the Police and refused entry.
- Throwing any kind of object is extremely dangerous and will lead to eviction.
- MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP). is unable to accept any liability for personal or property damages, losses (including confiscations) or injuries sustained at this event – other than caused as a result of our negligence.
- Banned from the event – Glass, air horns, fireworks, flares, illegal items, illegal substances, unidentifiable substances, new psychoactive substances (NPS), laser equipment/pens, air horns/megaphones, nitrous oxide and associated equipment (balloons / CO2 dispensers/cream dispensers), sky or ‘Chinese’ lanterns, sound systems, spray cans, tabards/high visibility jackets, blowtorches, generators, gas canisters, aerosols over 250ml, petrol burners, cans, disposable BBQs, campsite stoves, camping equipment, umbrellas, firewood, audio recorders, large/open drinks bottles (under 500ml sealed* plastic bottle of water is permitted) Any item that may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon, or which may cause danger, offence or disruption to any other person. Photographic equipment is permitted provided that it is for personal non-commercial use only. In the event of any subsequent commercial use, the bearer agrees to pay the Promoter for the cost of a licence issued by the Promoter for permission to take photographs / visual/audio recordings for commercial use.
- Excessive amount of cigarettes. Only bring enough for personal consumption.
- If you need to bring specific food or drink for personal consumption due to a medical condition please bring supporting evidence.
- Please note: you cannot bring alcohol or food into the event (bars are available at the event). Any Alcohol found at entry will be confiscated and disposed of.
- Please note: Anyone resisting the confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding these conditions will face eviction.
- Items that are confiscated will not be returned.
- Only bags A4 size or smaller are permitted in the event
FIRE AND SAFETY
- Fires are not permitted in the event.
- The burning of any materials is not permitted anywhere on site
- Smoking is not permitted in enclosed public spaces or buildings including any toilets, buildings, tents or covered areas.
- Excessive exposure to loud music may cause damage to your hearing.
- Pyrotechnics, lasers, smoke machines, strobe lighting/special effects may take place during some performances.
- The use of drones or similar equipment for any reason is strictly forbidden on site without written permission from MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP).
- Please use the bins and recycling points provided on and off-site.
- No animals, other than guide or hearing dogs, are permitted on site.
INFORMATION & NOTIFICATION – MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP). EVENTS
- MJB Productions (UF, SIF, SIP). www.ultrafunkula.co.uk
- If any of these T&C’s are unclear please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CAR PARKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A paid for car park will be available on a first-come, first-served basis & must be paid for in advance via the website.
- You will need to bring the paid-for ticket that includes your matching vehicle registration to use the on-site car park, as this will be scanned for entrance.
- If you change the vehicle you will be arriving in you must contact us via email at email@example.com no later than 36 hours before the event with the new vehicle registration.
- We accept no responsibility for los<a href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Change of Registration”>First Example</a>s or damage to vehicles or their contents
- A parking ticket does not entitle you to any particular space in the Car Parks or to priority over other customers. If you decide not to park or are unable to find a space, you should should contact a member of staff straight away.
- We reserve the right to deny access or close a Car Park for any reason at any time
- The Police may well be in attendance after the festival so please avoid any driving under the influence from any form of intoxication.
- All vehicles must be parked in the car park.
- No other vehicles will be allowed entry into this field; this includes late replacement vehicles in the case of a breakdown. Vehicles cannot be towed onto the field.
- We will not accept campervans/caravans onto the site.
- Sleeping/ staying overnight in vehicles is strictly prohibited and you will be asked to leave by security throughout the night.
- Entry into the car parks is bound by our normal Terms and Conditions of Entry. In addition, please note the following:
- All individuals in your parked car must have a valid event ticket to gain entry into the event. Any non-ticket holders will be asked to leave site.
- The following is not permitted in the car parks: sleeping in vehicles or camping, bonfires, campfires or barbeques, unauthorised entertainment, trading. You may face eviction for non-compliance.
- Vehicle searches will be in place throughout the day & night.
- The car park will close from Midnight after the event and will not open again till 9 am the next morning, at which point all vehicles must be empty and collected promptly the next morning.
- TIckets for the car park are non-refundable
We have a formal eviction policy on-site for festival-goers seen displaying, or inciting, inappropriate, offensive or illegal activity or behaviour.
Unacceptable behaviour that can lead to eviction includes, but is not limited to:
- Illegal activity
- Offensive behaviour
- Throwing of objects in the direction of people
- Encouraging others to behave badly by incitement
- Preventing our security or emergency services from reacting to a situation
- Building or starting a fire anywhere on the site at any time.
- We take evicting very seriously and have spent every year reviewing our eviction policy with Essex Police.
We have an eviction tent at the festival which is managed by our independent security contractor. In most instances, they will assess each eviction based on the evidence and report provided by their escorting security team, in liaison with the event management a decision will be based on the report. The festival-goer will have their details taken and be given the chance to make a statement before any decision is made. With the provided evidence and report, we will assess and decide to issue either a warning and let the individual back into the event, or they will take the wristband off and get security personnel to evict them from the site.
In Extreme cases, an eviction will be instantaneous and the festival-goer will be evicted straight away.
If you are evicted, you will not be permitted back onto the site to collect any belongings. Instead, you will be offered a phone call to a friend or family member on site who will have to gather your stuff and take it home for you.
If evicted, the festival-goer will be asked to leave the entire site and be resposible for making their own way home (either by using the taxi, or the shuttle bus). They will not be allowed back into the event at all.
We will record behaviour for evidential purpose using CCTV cameras around the site and other recording devices. By choosing to come to the festival site, this will be seen as acceptance of this and any footage will be given to the police for court purposes.
Website Terms & Conditions
http://www.ultrafunkula.co.uk (the “Website”) is owned and operated by MJB Productions Ltd (“our”, “us” and “we”). We’re a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 12225928. Our registered office is at: 15 Winstree Close, Layer De La Haye, CO2 0RJ Our postal address is 15 Winstree CLose Layer de La Haye CO2 0JR. You can contact us by email at: email@example.com
The Website is provided for the benefit of residents of the United Kingdom who are over the age of 18. If you are not a UK resident, over the age of 18 or do not agree to be bound by the Conditions, you may not use or access the Website and we will have the right to restrict or prevent your access to the Website. If there is anything that you do not understand please feel free to email any enquiry to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
1 Your Obligations
1.1 You will not:
(a) use the Website (or any part of it) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws;
(b) upload or transmit through the Website (i) any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms, robots, logic bombs or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or (ii) any material which is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
(c) use any robot, spider, offline reader, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device, tool, or process to retrieve, index, data mine or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or its contents, including with respect to any CAPTCHA displayed on the Website. Operators of public search engines may use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. We may revoke this exception at any time;
(d) use any automated software or computer system to search for, reserve, buy or otherwise obtain tickets, promotional codes, vouchers, gift cards or any other items which may be available on the Website from time to time, including sending information from your computer to another computer where such software or system is active;
(e) take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
(f) access, reload or refresh transactional event or ticketing pages, or make any other request to transactional servers, more than once during any three-second interval;
(g) request more than 1,000 pages of the Website in any 24-hour period, whether alone or with a group of individuals;
(h) make more than 800 reserve requests on the Website in any 24-hour period, whether alone or with a group of individuals;
(i) use the Website in a manner which:
may cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired or
violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy);
(j) create or publish a hypertext link to any part of the Website or attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website; and
(k) alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended purpose.
1.2 You agree that in the event that you have any right, claim or action against any end user of the Website arising out of that end user’s use of the Website, then you will pursue such right, claim or action independently of and without recourse to us.
2 Our Rights
2.1 We reserve the right to:
(a) modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
(b) change these Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the Website (or any part of it) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website; and/or
(c) monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints relating to the Website and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
2.2 We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website for any reason.
3 Your Personal Data
4 Links To Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
We take our responsibility for making accessible web content and software seriously. The Website is committed to ensuring accessibility for people with disabilities and to meeting current accessibility standards, including those defined by the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Many Internet users with disabilities find websites difficult to use simply because of the way they are designed. The Website has been designed to be as accessible as possible and to be compatible with the types of adaptive technology used by people with disabilities, including screen readers.
6 Limitation of Liability
6.1 Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy.
6.2 The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement. Unless specified in separate terms and conditions relating to a particular product or service, we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
6.3 Unless specified in separate terms and conditions related to a particular product or service, we make no warranty that the Website or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server which makes it available or products or services offered on the Website whether by us or on our behalf (including free software downloads) are free of viruses or bugs or are fully functional, accurate, or reliable. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material as a result of uploading to or downloading from the Website.
6.4 Notwithstanding any other provision in the Conditions, nothing shall limit your rights as a consumer under English law.
6.5 You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided to or taken from the Website by you.
6.6 Subject to clause 6.7, we will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for:
(a) any economic losses including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
(b) any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
(c) any special or indirect or consequential losses, howsoever arising and;
in any case whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of either of us at the date on which the event giving rise to the loss occurred.
6.7 Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees, or any liability in the tort of deceit.
7 Intellectual Property and Right To Use
7.1 You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Website shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us.
7.2 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, broadcast, sell, licence, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
7.3 Except for personal data, any information you submit to the Website, whether by way of comment, any chat room function or otherwise, will not be treated confidentially and you acknowledge that we may use such information for any purposes subject to these Conditions.
8.1 If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
8.2 These Conditions (as amended from time to time) contain the entire agreement and understanding between us in respect of all matters which are referred to herein and supersede any prior written or oral agreement between us relating to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by either of us shall alter the interpretation of these Conditions. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept these Conditions, you have not relied on any representation that is not expressly included herein and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a term of these Conditions. However, nothing in these Conditions purport to exclude liability for any fraudulent statement or act.
8.3 The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions. The Website is controlled by us in England. We make no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other countries.